[[::Nuclear transport|English]] • [[::Nuclear transport/cz|Czech]] • [[::Nuclear transport/fi|Finnish]] • [[::Nuclear transport/fr|French]] • [[::Nuclear transport/de|German]] • [[::Nuclear transport/li|Lithuanian]] • [[::Nuclear transport/ru|Russian]]
|Please help to support more languages for this page!|
Nuclear trains spotted around Gronau
After a transport arrived Hamburg harbour destinated for the nuclear facility in Lingen yesterday, on October 22th 2013 several trains around Gronau have been spotted. One train left to Tricastin NPP in Pierrelatte passing Hamm, Hagen, Köln, Bonn, Koblenz, Trier, Perl-Apach. Another highly radiating train assumingly with uranium from Canada arrived to Gronau today as well. On the weekend the material had arrived on board of Happag Lloyed's "Montreal Express" which carries radiactive material on a regular basis.
Because of the high risks in case of accidents with uranium hexafluoride the government of Rheinland-Pfalz ruled in 2012 that counties and emergency services have to be informed before transports of this dangerous chemical. On contact with moisture it reacts heavily producing toxic acids which makes instant evacuation within a radius of 5 kilometers necessary. Contrary the transport through Nordrhein-Westfalen have been kept secret to hush the immense risks for the public.
- observing atomic transports - form to report sighted shipments of nuclear materials German
- flyer "Atomtransport-Drehscheibe Hamburg" German
- contratom.de German
- "Radioactive Waste: German Company Sent Nuclear Material for Open-Air Storage in Siberia", spiegel.de, (October 19, 2009).
- http://urantransport.de urantransport.de
- http://blog.eichhoernchen.fr/post/Noch-zwei-Urantransporte German
- Please add a reference