International Anti-nuclear Network Meeting December 2008 in Frankfurt/Main / Introduction to The International Network Meeting of Anti-nuclear Activists
From Nuclear HeritageJump to navigationJump to search
We want to build a big international network to fight against nuclear crime.
Who is who- first we want to introduce and come in contact with each other. And we will try to address your wishes concerning Workshops, Actions/Projects, Network/Connections while creating the meetings' schedule.
The International Anti-nuclear Meeting starts with this workshop on December 29, 2008 from 10:00 to 12:00 am in room 10A on the 3rd floor.
Introducation to The International Network Meeting of Anti-nuclear Activists
held on 29/12/08
Schedule of the workshop:
from 10:00 am to 12:00 am
- 5 minutes: introduction to the workshop and network meeting
- get to know each other, Icebreaker
- 5 minutes: a round to tell your names (write it on crepe tape)
- 30 Minutes: "small talk" - two chair circles, people sitting in couples face to face with each other, discussing questions given by the facilitator limited to 3 minutes for every question; questions e.g.:
- where are you from?
- what's your favourite dish?
- what was the most exciting action you ever did?
- how did you come here?
- what topic are you interested in?
- what's your favourite activity?
- what did you do last Friday?
- what's your favourite banner slogan?
- which kind of action do you like?
- 30 minutes: a round to get your expectations and wishes concerning our meeting
- "whisper clusters": small groups up to three people are whispering with each other a maximum of five minutes about their expectations and wishes concerning the meeting; then changeover - creating of new small groups in a new constellation of people continuing the exchange; repeat this procedure three to five times depending on the number of participants
- everybody gets a piece of paper and a pen to write down the most interesting ideas and points
- 15 minutes: collect all wishes and ideas on a placard wih the Topics: Workshops, Actions/Projects, Network/Connections, Needs/Wishes, ...
- 15 minutes: make agreements
- discussion of the programme for the meeting
- 10 minutes: draft of the programme + workshop ideas
- 10 minutes: discussion
- ask participants to document the workshops of the international meeting and to put this on the wiki page
B R E A K
from 12:30 am to 14:00 am
- 30 minutes: presentation of the Nuclear Heritage Network
- 60 minutes: presentation of the groups and their topics
- Nuclear Free Finland (Finland)
- Greenkids (Germany)
- Initsiativa Regional Youth Council (Bulgaria)
- Chiche! (France)
Wishes, Needs and Expectations Towards The Meeting
|Direct Action||Concrete Results!?!||Connect with people with same interest/ideas, work together||New ideas||Questions of strategy: where, and how, to best use our resources|
|Practical skills||share skills||connect France & Finland (EPR, Areva, Uranium)||We need to give alternatives (to nuclear energy)|
|Nukeheritage wiki||Newsletter (different countries)||Connect people with different interests/ideas, cooperation & diversity||To learn of alternative ways|
|Summer camp in Finland (open for all)||Country pages on wiki||Meeting continuously & work|
|Strategy!||Leaflets about local situations, translate in different languages (there's money, needs to be done soon)||Coffee, chocolate etc!|
|Tour around Baltic Sea (in 2010)||Inspiration|
|International Network Office||A place to smoke|
|Action together during gathering!||Learn about different countries|